Welcome to my blog! You can find out about the influences and random thoughts that feed my ceramic work. Comments are most welcome.

www.beverleygee.com

Friday 25 May 2012

Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 4


Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 4.  Copyright Beverley Gee 2012.

Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 4.  Copyright Beverley Gee 2012.

Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 4.  Copyright Beverley Gee 2012 .
This is one of my favourite boxes.  I really like the layering as you can see in the first image - the wood, the red, the aqua.  It also gave me the opportunity to burn wood - great pastime and very effective for my work.    The piece includes some of my hair from when it was shaved off ages and ages and ages ago.  It's grown back now and as a consequence of having to live in a world of non gingers seems to be getting darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment