Welcome to my blog! You can find out about the influences and random thoughts that feed my ceramic work. Comments are most welcome.

www.beverleygee.com

Thursday 10 May 2012

Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 1


Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 1.  Copyright Beverley Gee 2012.

Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 1.  Copyright Beverley Gee 2012.

Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 1.  Copyright Beverley Gee 2012.

Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 1.  Copyright Beverley Gee 2012.


Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 1.  Copyright Beverley Gee 2012.

Over the next few days I'll be introducing my new work, Bramley and Girtwistle.  It is a series of five sculptural mixed media boxes featuring the fantastical world of guardian birds and curious cats.

Box 1 is the most enclosed of the boxes, the red wedge can be removed to glimpse at the mysterious glazed object hiding inside.  All the pieces on the lid are moveable to create different scenes.  The series uses a limited colour palette - white, black, red and my distinctive aqua glaze.  These colours have been prominent throughout my ceramic career.  For more images, please check out my improved and updated website.



No comments:

Post a Comment