Welcome to my blog! You can find out about the influences and random thoughts that feed my ceramic work. Comments are most welcome.

www.beverleygee.com

Monday 29 March 2010

New work - penguins




I've had a productive and enjoyable weekend working on my penguin series. On Saturday I threw some thick porcelain bases and then altered or added on different landscapes from my imagination. The images shown here are quite geographical - mountainous, lakeside and volcanic. You can see elements of the Giant's Causeway on the first image. I intend to dry these pieces slowly then fire and glaze them. The glaze will be a high gloss white and my own special aqua glaze. When everything has gone to plan (! - it could be a long and painful process until I'm happy with the results) then the penguins will arrive and investigate their new surroundings. If you'd like the have a look at some finished penguin pieces then take a look at my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment