Welcome to my blog! You can find out about the influences and random thoughts that feed my ceramic work. Comments are most welcome.

www.beverleygee.com

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Waterside Open - now open!


Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 1.  Copyright Beverley Gee 2012.

I went to the Waterside Open on Friday.  It is an annual art exhibition that is open to all, based in Sale near Manchester.  All work is judged and selected work went on display from 11th February.   I was very impressed by the high standard of both 2D and 3D work.  Interestingly, most of the work that won prizes were 3D pieces.  My new piece 'Bramley and Girtwistle - Box 1' is on show (though didn't win anything!).  It has taught me a few things about displaying sculptural art pieces.  It's free entry and worth a visit to see the talented artists of the region (and beyond?).  It is partly organised by Creative Industries Trafford who support the creative industries in the area.  Check out their website to find out about workshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment