Welcome to my blog! You can find out about the influences and random thoughts that feed my ceramic work. Comments are most welcome.

www.beverleygee.com

Sunday 6 February 2011

Changing Rooms





I am working on a lot of different projects at the moment. However, none are ready to show to you yet. In the interim, I thought I would show you a retrospective work - my bathroom. The original bathroom (not designed by me by the way) was a gloomy dark red with partially grouted tiles. I wanted the whole bathroom tiled for ease of cleaning and sharpness in design. I chose the largest matt tiles I could find and decided that 3 vertical strips within the design would provide the colour. I made lots of different sized pebbles and glazed them in my distinctive aqua glaze. To break up the colour I inserted some white matt pebbles. Once the whole bathroom was tiled the space looked double the size. The vertical position of the tiles and pebbles really heightened the space. It's very light and airy. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment