Welcome to my blog! You can find out about the influences and random thoughts that feed my ceramic work. Comments are most welcome.

www.beverleygee.com

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Pom poms and baskets



My sister bought this 'pom pom' plant (I don't know what it's real name is) last year at Tatton Park Flower Show. It was just a small specimen then and I thought the harsh winter had seen it off. Oh no ... it has spread like wildfire, popping up everywhere in the garden! So I took some cuttings for my basket display. It looks like a wild haired hippy. The basket is from a Japanese department store and as I remember quite reasonably priced giving that it looks handmade. It's made from bamboo strips. Seen in the left hand corner of the picture is an original tile by the infamous Liz Scrine. It has a delicate wallpaper pattern and works well in this compostion.

No comments:

Post a Comment