Welcome to my blog! You can find out about the influences and random thoughts that feed my ceramic work. Comments are most welcome.

www.beverleygee.com

Sunday 13 June 2010

Return of the penguins




Here are a couple of images of the penguin pieces I am working on (see 29th March 2010 post for the beginnings). Lately, I've been having problems with cracking (there's always something in ceramics!) but I fired these pieces to see how the glaze works. I used my original aqua glaze with a glossy opaque white glaze. The glazes work well together and there seems to be no problems when they blend into each other. Also, I'm not used to glazing such awkward shapes so it was good to practise glazing them. The pieces need further development in particular the scale. I have some interesting ideas to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment